Monday, June 11, 2007

Secret Gardens


The stairs at Vrtbovska Garden. This is the epitome of a secret garden in the middle of this ancient city and one of my favorites.

It is fully secluded. Here, time is suspended. It seems haunted. I go there frequently to paint and sit wondering on who else has climbed these steps.

I practice some of my skills here. Clairvoyance.
The term clairvoyance means clear seeing - seeing that is not muddled by the opaque world of material objects normally defining our limited sense of space and time.

Accessing memory is a proces of finding the right code - the right reference beam to bring the holographic image back to life. Just as a computer can contain the data that is accessible only with the right command, so do our mental images require the proper mental image to unlock them.

When I paint, I am looking at shapes and shadows, spatial structure, light and darkness with focus and intensity. Often, other images come to me, or music, or stories of another time. I cannot say if it is real but it is real to me.

I have seen people walking up these steps. Who were they? It is an enigma to me in the secret garden of my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well i finally made it here....
nicely laid out my friend...

what a romantic picture...these steps make....

warmest of hugs....Nan xo(mermaid)