Saturday, June 16, 2007

Maybe you can go home again

I was 12 or 13 in l967 and my cousins took me to the original event. My mind was blown (as they say) by the people, the good vibes and by lots of great herbs. I don't think I have been th same since then because it indeed showed me another lifestyle and way of thinking.

So, here it is 40 years later (gasp!) coming around again. And I think the timing is right. Perhaps it will kick in the old way of protest, the protest of love over greed, as it was for me and so many others back in l967. I think there will be a lot of people at this thing.

Maybe they will cal it "GREYSTOCK''

"SUMMER OF LOVE" == FREE CONCERT
== GOLDEN GATE PARK ==

SAN FRANCISCO, CA, May. 23, 2007 - The Summer of Love 40th will
be held Sunday, September 2nd at Speedway Meadows, Golden Gate
Park, from 10am to 6pm. ADMISSION IS FREE.

CONFIRMED ACTS INCLUDE: Ray Manzarek (the Doors), Country Joe McDonald(Country Joe and the Fish), Canned Heat, Michael McClure (Beat poet),ruth weiss(Beat Poet), New Riders of the Purple Sage, Nick GravenitesBand with David Laflamme, Alameda All Stars (Gregg Allman), MerlSaunders (supporting the effort), Terry Haggerty (Sons of Champlin), DanHicks, The Charlatans, Essra Mohawk (Mothers of Invention), Barry "TheFish" Melton (Country Joe and the Fish), Elites.summeroflove40th@yahoo.com,www.2b1records.com/summeroflove40th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

syntactical aged welcomed narrated completed exhibitors immersion accumulate negotiations offices lifescience
lolikneri havaqatsu